Christine Fader has worked for the past 16 years as a career counsellor at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Her work with students has inspired her non-fiction writing and she strives to write about career and job search in a way that reflects the experiences of teens and that they will enjoy reading. She writes with a humorous tone and has partnered career advice with such diverse topics as vampires, Sheldon Cooper (of Big Bang Theory fame), reality TV and speed dating. Christine has an annoying addiction to alliteration (see?) as well as an aversion to Times New Roman font and empty calorie words like “utilize”.
Christine has facilitated hundreds of workshops with teens and young adults in small and very large groups.
Visit Christine’s website: http://christinefader.com
Career Cupid: Your Guide to Landing and Loving Your Dream Job, Writing on Stone Press, 2009
There’s nothing worse that feeling ho-hum about your career. Well, ok, there are some worse things like war, disease, and over-tweezed eyebrows. With all this going on, it’s even more important to grab the victories you can, like finding career happiness. Using the analogy that finding your dream career is like finding your dream guy, Career Cupid will inspire you to stop waiting by the phone for your “happily ever after” career to call. Packed full of smart ideas, Career Cupid delivers sage and sassy advice about finding and thriving in work you’ll love.
Queen’s Best Resumes and Cover Letters, Queen’s University, edited 1999 and 2002 (currently out of print)
A campus bestseller!
Christine has also recently been working on fiction projects for young children including several picture books and chapter books:
- Tangerine, the Pirate Queen (lower middle-grade)
- The Trouble with Giants
- Toe Rainbows
- Oscar and the Terrible Turnip Tuesday
- Wordy Bertie
- Jupiter Juice: A Starsisters Story (lower middle-grade)
- Elephant Sandwiches
- Tony Zamboni
Selected Magazine Writing:
- Job Postings magazine (monthly column, 2010-2012, national magazine for college and university students)
- Job Postings (dis)Ability magazine (September and January column, 2010-2012)
- GradSchool Planning Guide
- G2G magazine (high school audience)
- Career Options magazine (high school edition)
- Career Options magazine (college/university edition)
- Talentegg.ca (college/university career website)
- CollegeXpress magazine (USA college/university audience)